cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't undo backup or delete those files

Can't undo backup or delete those files

CJ09
Explorer | Level 3

Hey there, so I accidentally backed up my computer into Dropbox and now I am filled up on storage of things I don't need. I tried to delete them from Dropbox but there is no option to, I've already disabled Backup, but still they cloud my storage. I can only really see them in the recent section on the iphone app, but it will not give me an option to delete. There has to be a way to remove these files without affecting what's on my computer

5 Replies 5

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @CJ09, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

May I ask if you've tried disabling the Dropbox Backup feature as outlined here

Also, when you say you tried to delete them from Dropbox, can you please elaborate a tad? Did you do it via the website through this page or locally on your computer?

Any additional information you can share will be much appreciated. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

CJ09
Explorer | Level 3

I just tried to disable through the preferences tab on my taskbar, but it seems to take me back to the Backup setup page when I go to "manage backups" although the files from my computer appear right in the little taskbar menu with still no option to delete or remove from Dropbox.

To elaborate more on deleting them, I have gone to the link you sent, only for the page to come up as "Try Dropbox Backup" and it will try to get me to backup my computer, despite already doing it. I haven't tried to delete the files through my local drives but I'm not sure where exactly to go, it won't appear in the Dropbox folders with the files that I've actually put in and I really don't want to delete each personal file on my local drives that was backed up to Dropbox.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @CJ09, sorry to jump in.

If your backups page is empty and you're still over your space limit, but don't have enough shared or non-shared files in your account, can we reach out to you via email, to look further into this?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

CJ09
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, you can contact me at [removed per Community Guidelines]

Hope I didn’t cancel this out, I pressed “Solution” by accident

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @CJ09! Hope it’s OK to jump in. 

I’ve just logged a ticket for you in our system. When you get the chance, please reply back to me, and we’ll take it from there.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?