cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to make sure we keep you updated on the ideas that other users have shared here on the Community? Us too! Check them out over here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Reply and help

Can you help with recovering my missing files?

Can you help with recovering my missing files?

Josepg Cuevas
New member | Level 2

I needed help with recovering my files. I back up all the files from my desktop and deleted the folder on my Pc then I open dropbox.com to see if all the files are there but some files have gone missing and most of them are the psd files that's very essential to me. I wonder if it's because the syncing has not yet done when I deleted the folder or my dropbox storage can't back up it all. Is there any way to restore the missing files?
Thank you so much in advance. I'm hoping for an answer. 

1 Reply 1

Re: SYNC ISSUE

Rich
Super User II

@Josepg Cuevas wrote:

I needed help with recovering my files. I back up all the files from my desktop and deleted the folder on my Pc ...

Did you check to make sure the files had finished syncing before you deleted the folder? Syncing files takes time, especially for large files. If you deleted the folder before syncing had finished, then those files wouldn't have been uploaded to Dropbox, and as such, can't be restored by Dropbox because they were never uploaded.

Have you checked your Recycle Bin?

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?