cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted folders keep reappearing. What can I do?

Deleted folders keep reappearing. What can I do?

bstahl
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had this problem and putting a file in the folder did not resolve it, it immediately re-created the folder after I deleted it from the Finder (Mac 10.13.3). What did work was to choose Pause Syncing from the Dropbox menu bar widget, delete the file in Finder, then create a new folder with the same name (this is what I was trying to do in the first place). After resuming syncing, it left it alone.

27 Replies 27

LisaMVIP
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Good morning Jane, we are still looking for some help to resolve this issue. Nothing suggested has worked or helped fix the problem yet. Looking forward to hearing from the support team you mentioned.

Thanks,

Lisa

sncooper_work
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Deleted files keep coming back seconds after I delete them.

The files are in a folder I am sharing from another user.

The other user has to delete the files.

I have edit/delete permission so it should (and normally) works.

Any one have any ideas?

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @sncooper_work, thanks for taking the time to drop us a line here! 

I’ve moved your post on this thread, in order to ping you on the pointers we’ve posted with Walter. Specifically, my previous message to HK J. here might help you paint a clearer picture & guide you on the best follow-up steps. 

Please let me know how you get on with this or if you have more questions for me! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

sncooper
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks Jane, I looked at the Version History.

I saw that the file was created by me.

I saw that I deleted the file.

I saw that "Corporate Laptop" 'added' the file back.

I read your comments about some other process maybe locking the file preventing it from being deleted - how do I track this down? Because I had no applications open.

I tried deleting the files whilst the "Corporate laptop" was turned off, but they came right back when I booted it back up and logged in.

I have no idea what else to try - what could be locking these?

By the way, my Dropbox is on my C: drive, not a network share.

sncooper
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Here is a screenshot of my version history for a dummy file I created to test:version history.PNG

sncooper
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have a new problem:

I edited an existing word document on my home computer (in the shared dropbox folder) and as soon as I clicked save my corporate laptop got a 'blue screen of death' and it happens every time I login again.

We had to put the computer into airplane mode and uninstall dropbox !!!

We uninstalled and reinstalled, and deleted the dropbox folder but it keeps happening.

Not good.

Any suggestions?

sncooper
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

It says BAD_POOL_CALLER

BSOD.PNG

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for circling back to me on this matter @sncooper!

I can see that you’ve now chatted in to my coworker regrading the BSOD & this case has been escalated. We’ve also have an open ticket together as a follow-up to our discussion here

We can shift our attention on the re-appearing files on our ticket & I’d happily further investigate the matter once you get back in touch with me there. Could you ping me back on the ticket when you have a minute? 

Thanks again for keeping in touch! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    sncooper Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?