cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Deleting files Windows 11

Deleting files Windows 11

Joycegtx1951
Helpful | Level 7

Since I upgraded to windows 11, now when I delete a file in Windows explorer there’s always a prompt asking if I am sure, it asks me if I want to delete for everyone, because it's online only...... 

this is annoying especially when I am trying to cleanup my Dropbox folders and deleting a lot of files. I have a paid account so files can be retrieved if deleted accidentally. I was told there’s no way to turn this off. I think the user should have that option. There is no prompt if I delete files using my iPad. So if Dropbox really wanted to say this is a safety measure, why wouldn’t you do it on all platforms? I hope you will consider making this an option. 

15 Replies 15

Joycegtx1951
Helpful | Level 7
Yes, I have uninstalled it, cleared the cache, restarted and reinstalled it two different times

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Joycegtx1951, how are you today?

Could you kindly clarify the syncing status, and version of the app that you use on your end? You can find that by locating your Dropbox icon on your task bar, next to your WiFi and hovering your mouse over it. 

Also, if you check the folders online, do they all mention "only you" as the person that can access them? Do they have a two-people-icon on top of them?

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Joycegtx1951
Helpful | Level 7

Here is the sync status. I checked on the web and all of my personal folders say "only you" in the "who can access" column. In the Control Panel, it lists the dropbox app as 170.4.5895. Is that what you are looking for? thanks for your help.

Joycegtx1951_0-1680023687827.jpg

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Joycegtx1951, at this point, can I send you an email in order for us to have a closer look into this?

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Joycegtx1951
Helpful | Level 7

yes of course, I appreciate your help. [email removed as per Community Guidelines]

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Joycegtx1951, I just sent you an email, I'll see you there!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?