cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did Dropbox overwrite my PC files when it ran out of capacity? My files are gone!

Did Dropbox overwrite my PC files when it ran out of capacity? My files are gone!

Oldilocks
New member | Level 2

My Basic account ran out of space; I was going to upgrade when I had time because I figured Dropbox would then quit synching. However, some of my files are now gone from my computer! Did Dropbox overwrite some files? My Deleted Files page is empty. Is it possible to retrieve them from some kind of archive? HELP! Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey there, @Oldilocks, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you! 

Did you use the app, in order to add these files to your Dropbox account? If so, had they been synced to your account online? When was the last time that you saw them there?

If I were you, I'd also have a look into the events page. The Events page at www.dropbox.com/events gives you an overview of all activity in your account including files events (adds/edits/deletes). 

Can you take a look, and let me know more? Thanks!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?