cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't remove Dropbox Showcase !

Don't remove Dropbox Showcase !

Chivers
Helpful | Level 5

Hello,

I just heard that Dropbox Showcase was going to disappear. I am both sad and very upset to hear this news. A few years ago I decided to take out a Business subscription for this tool. This unique tool, almost perfect, that makes all the difference! Indeed, I use Showcase on a daily basis to respond to calls for tenders from my clients. Dropbox Showcase allows me to create a response where the customer can find videos references, images, quotes, .etc ... all this in an interactive and professional presentation. This tool is perfect in my opinion! The interface, the ease of use with being able to import your Dropbox files, .etc ... it saves me incredible time! It allowed me to show off my projetcs and win many calls for tenders! I have always had very positive feedback from my clients thanks to Showcase. You say today that you replace this tool with Dropbox Transfer, I am deeply sad because it really has nothing to do with it! I feel abandoned. I found InvisionApp which comes close but which is useless for me because I am a videographer and it is impossible to host videos in it. To my knowledge you were the only ones in this area, and no tool today will be able to replace what you had built! 😞 I don't understand your decision and I share with you my deep disappointment. 😞

Please, don't remove Dropbox Showcase ! 🙏

Bye,

Olivier.

67 Replies 67

Clément
Helpful | Level 6

Hi, 

I perfectely agree with you @Chivers !

I have used Showcase a bit like you, as a very simple webpage to share files in a profesionnal manner. A very useful tool, fast and easy to use in a small team. 

very sad and disapointing that Dropbox is going to stop it. 

Best, 

Clément

dietoself86
Helpful | Level 6

I must echo the sentiments of the above users. I use Showcase & Transfer in conjunction with each other. I do not believe one fully replaces the other. I use Showcase to present mockups/proposals for brands that I'm working with. It is the perfect solution as the above users said for making a professional presentation page for end users. When everything is said and done then I package up files and send them via Transfer. I would also like to ask that you PLEASE reconsider this decision. It was really the only add-on that was keeping me with a Professional account.

DaniWD
Helpful | Level 5

Honestly, this is the main reason for my subscription with dropbox over alternatives. I find it invaluable when I want to share work with my clients in a professional manner.

Isabelle T.1
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

I have been surprised to receive the information that the Showcase service will end shortly, exactly on January.

It seems to me that this so short term is an absolute lack of consideration for your clients.

I can understand the reasons why Dropbox stops this tool, if their clients do not use it as it has been conceived for BUT for the clients who do, and who have, like we have a very important project now in progress and for several months now, this lack of time before the end of Showcase puts us in a difficult situation!

qq4
New member | Level 2

I suggest not delete Showcase but even enhance their features with the possibility to create an online catalog that companies could share with their customers. We used this feature much with showcase and now very angry DropBox to close it. This service was luck of two things - 1.  possibility to collaborate in creating showcases 2. possibility to make folders in Show Case - It could be a real rival for the Brandfolder.com. Please return it back ! 

dietoself86
Helpful | Level 6

I agree as well. I thought with a couple more features that Showcase could be a viable alternative to very expensive DAM solutions like Brandfolder. 

JaimeG
Helpful | Level 5

I´m very angry. I got several showcase that functios as a permanet way to my customers to access to the material a deliver in a visual an organized way. Deliver videos to me is not as easy as send a link one time and finish. I deliver to a big corporation an many people thougth time has to access and showcase is the meeting point to this. Now, i´m really mess up.

Too bad dropbox. Right now...looking for other options.

BrainBliss
Helpful | Level 5

Hello Dropbox Family, Thank you so much for all that you do to store large files!!! I have absolutely LOVED Showcase and use it to magicallyand beautifully share files with many clients around the world.Is there any way you can please keep SHOWCASE???I do not know of another way to so easily and professionally sendvideo and audio.Please consider my request from a very grateful online business owner and customer of dropbox.  Oceans of Light,  Mahalia BrainBliss 

Dasonj
Explorer | Level 4

Totally agree. Really dissapointed that they plan to phase it out. I use it for presentations in the film and entertainment space and it is invaluable. Perhaps if we make a big enough fuss they will reconsider? Either that or time to go hunting for another solution... ;(

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

JaimeG Helpful | Level 5
    otticolab Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?