cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't remove Dropbox Showcase !

Don't remove Dropbox Showcase !

Chivers
Helpful | Level 5

Hello,

I just heard that Dropbox Showcase was going to disappear. I am both sad and very upset to hear this news. A few years ago I decided to take out a Business subscription for this tool. This unique tool, almost perfect, that makes all the difference! Indeed, I use Showcase on a daily basis to respond to calls for tenders from my clients. Dropbox Showcase allows me to create a response where the customer can find videos references, images, quotes, .etc ... all this in an interactive and professional presentation. This tool is perfect in my opinion! The interface, the ease of use with being able to import your Dropbox files, .etc ... it saves me incredible time! It allowed me to show off my projetcs and win many calls for tenders! I have always had very positive feedback from my clients thanks to Showcase. You say today that you replace this tool with Dropbox Transfer, I am deeply sad because it really has nothing to do with it! I feel abandoned. I found InvisionApp which comes close but which is useless for me because I am a videographer and it is impossible to host videos in it. To my knowledge you were the only ones in this area, and no tool today will be able to replace what you had built! 😞 I don't understand your decision and I share with you my deep disappointment. 😞

Please, don't remove Dropbox Showcase ! 🙏

Bye,

Olivier.

67 Replies 67

DaniWD
Helpful | Level 5

I strongly agree that showcase needs it be kept. Can we get any reply from Dropbox as to if there is even a slight chance of going back on their decision please.

Showcase is vital for me. Worst case just keep it as is even if you don't update it with new features (only maininance to keep it updated with latest browsers.)

Tkane007
New member | Level 2

This Honestly was the only thing that separated Dropbox from their competitors and the main reason for a biz subscription. I never received anything asking about the usefulness of showcase.

erlehman
New member | Level 2

I'm glad someone has posted this.

Removing Showcase is very upsetting to those of us at organizations with very few resouces.

I personally trained my colleagues to use this and it has been used in grant applications and other important uses where we counted on them being available to our constituents long-term.

I think that if people knew about this resource, especially if marketed to designers at nonprofits and schools, it would have been more widely used.

I really hope dropbox changes their mind on this.

Dasonj
Explorer | Level 4

Yes, exactly!

I really think dropbox should do a new poll of their showcase users. I, like many others on this thread did not receive any questionnaire about dropbox showcase.  I hope they make the right choice and keep this thing going -- they'll no doubt be losing quite a few user paying user if not.

otticolab
Helpful | Level 5

Hi DropBox Team,

I am a customer on Professional Plan and have been using for nearly 3 years (I was a user at another business prior for 4 years)., I love the current product line up and system.

A feature I rely on heavily is the Showcase. I use this to collaborate and share materials with team and other creatives in a visual manner. I don't believe the Folder share can offer the same visual and collaborative experience for those that I work with using Showcase. I received notification that the Showcase is being discontinued in about a month. I'm really concerned as I rely on this heavily. 

I particularly love DropBox Showcase because you can add different materials and file types. You can then arrange them in a visual pleasing manner for others. You can even re-arrange to easily show more recent content. 
On some Showcase pages I have Word Docs, PDFs, MP4’s. Others I may use PDFs and MP3 files. 

Kidn regards
- Chris

rails
New member | Level 2

here here

rails
New member | Level 2

Please keep showcase. I use for precicely it's intended purpose. and I upgraded my dropbox account in order to access showcase. now you're taking that away. Not happy, Jan!

campbeji
New member | Level 2

I also use Showcase.  I use it to present graphical options to my clients for them to make choices from.  So I have a branded link that I can send to a client, they can go and look at the options available and then they let me know which options they want to go with.

Since Showcase is being removed I don't know what options I have in Dropbox to do the same thing, I guess I will have to build something in my website or find another company that can supply the functionality.

I'm not happy about this, especially the flippant tone that Dropbox has taken with it, it almost sounds like they are doing us a favour by removing the functionality, but hey they had feedback from their customers?

Jim 

JaimeG
Helpful | Level 5

Is anybody of Dropbox earing us? Would be very, very nice to see some people of the staff saying something.

otticolab
Helpful | Level 5

Hi again guys,

I flagged this thread in my Dropbox Support ticket. They've informed me in no uncertain terms that they've made the decision to shut Showcase down. There's basically no hope. 

There is indication of new tools being created but nothing available at prtesent. For those like us - running a business, this is devastating news. 

From all research - the closest thing avaialbel is Paper. But for those of us relying on adding media content and havign the ability to allow clients/collaborators to download; Paper is ineffective. 

I'll spend the festive period looking at other products. Unless DropBox can present a new possibility, I may be forced to pull my account and take the business elsewhere.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

JaimeG Helpful | Level 5
    otticolab Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?