cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't remove Dropbox Showcase !

Don't remove Dropbox Showcase !

Chivers
Helpful | Level 5

Hello,

I just heard that Dropbox Showcase was going to disappear. I am both sad and very upset to hear this news. A few years ago I decided to take out a Business subscription for this tool. This unique tool, almost perfect, that makes all the difference! Indeed, I use Showcase on a daily basis to respond to calls for tenders from my clients. Dropbox Showcase allows me to create a response where the customer can find videos references, images, quotes, .etc ... all this in an interactive and professional presentation. This tool is perfect in my opinion! The interface, the ease of use with being able to import your Dropbox files, .etc ... it saves me incredible time! It allowed me to show off my projetcs and win many calls for tenders! I have always had very positive feedback from my clients thanks to Showcase. You say today that you replace this tool with Dropbox Transfer, I am deeply sad because it really has nothing to do with it! I feel abandoned. I found InvisionApp which comes close but which is useless for me because I am a videographer and it is impossible to host videos in it. To my knowledge you were the only ones in this area, and no tool today will be able to replace what you had built! 😞 I don't understand your decision and I share with you my deep disappointment. 😞

Please, don't remove Dropbox Showcase ! 🙏

Bye,

Olivier.

67 Replies 67

CG Entp
New member | Level 2

Really disheartening after looking through the entirer string.   So many individual with diverse needs all found this app important for different reasons.  Hard to believe a one size fits all app, people relied on, was flushed.   Its a pity with all the revenue generated from subscriptions that they had to sacrifice the cost benifits to their user base to bolster the bottom line and bonuses for executives.  It sure looks like DB has gone corporate when it is willing to sacrifice it's uniqueness in storage solutions world .    It would be different if they actually had a suitable or an upgraded app.   However their poor attempt to adequately fill the void didn't come close to hitting the target indicating they really don't care.  Too bad and too sad to see a company losing it's identity to cash in on a bigger bottom line.  

otticolab
Helpful | Level 5

I unfortunately still haven't found a suitable replacement for Showcase.

I was looking at Invision Boards but the soultion canpt cater for Video. It's primarily targed to Design.

At the moment I'm using DropBox Paper but its a pretty sh*tty solution compared to Showcase. I've even raised helpdesk and 'feature wishlists' with DropBox. 

They keep pointing me at DropBox branded sharing. 

I just wish DropBox would create some videos or blogs with tips on how each product suits a customer type. 

Example:
• Product 1 is best suited to sharing large files, here's the best way to use it.

• Product 2 is great for Videographers, here's examples on professioanl ways to present.

• Product 3 is spot on for document collaboration, this is how to use it.

I do believe that DropBox has it in them to create excellent products and be an industry leaderr but at present there is a huge gap in 'customer front of mind'.

I'm super keen to hear how everyone is going now in the Post Showcase World. 

Justin9
Explorer | Level 4

I need to cancel Dropbox account, especially pro version. Because its Showcase was the reason I upgraded from basic and no more reason left to maintain this pro.  The Transfer is not able to cover Showcase at all.  

JaimeG
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Folks. As i mention before, i start to develop my own "Showcase". The work continues but there are now a first version and we are testing right now.

I keep you inform...

JaimeG
Helpful | Level 5

Hi folks. As i mentioned before, i decide to propose to a engineer friend of my to develop our own "showcase". The work was goes better and better and we decide that could be a good product to all people as i, who miss this funtion. It´s finally avaliable to all of you to a very cheap price. We are still fixing bugs and improve functions everyday. Please, check it out:

www.simplypacket.com

Let me know what do you think.

Best regards!!

otticolab
Helpful | Level 5

Well done @JaimeG  - I'll certainly jump on and try Simply Packets.

I have been testing Paper by DropBox and feeding them feedback and feature requests but still nowhere. I then engaged Frame.io    They were very helpful and the product was good but there are missing components for me. I had put in feature requests to them also. They were quite responsive to that.
However - I'll create a free account with you and test your platform also. Great work pulling this together - the site looks great also.

JaimeG
Helpful | Level 5

Thanks!! @otticolab We are working hard to make better the tool. We want to make avaliable for connect to other clouds services. For now we only connect with dropbox, but soon we will incorporate google drive, icloud etc.

JaimeG
Helpful | Level 5

@otticolab Hi! Did you try simplepacket yet?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

JaimeG Helpful | Level 5
    otticolab Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?