cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Website seems to have lost it CSS

Dropbox Website seems to have lost it CSS

Rachel C.11
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Just recently the Dropbox website won't display correctly on any browser - Chrome, Safari, Firefox - it loads fine but shows no Style sheet just basic list form that can't be used properly. I am using a Mac and the other Mac user in my office is also experiencing the same issue.. How on earth do we fix this... it was working fine up until now?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Dracorem
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

When using Telstra Broadband Protect (Australian Telco web filtering) adding www.dropbox.com and cfl.dropboxstatic.com to the Broadband Protect allowed sites list fixed this problem for me.  (Make sure you click on the save button at the bottom of the screen after adding sites to the list).  Thank you linda a.16 for solving this one.

@linda a.16 wrote:

I've seen that if the enterprise firewall used have URL filtering you need to make sure that the cfl.dropboxstatic.com is allowed. Otherwise the page will look like the screenshot above.

View solution in original post

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

I don't see how using Dropbox to host your CSS file will be any faster than hosting it directly on your website's server. In fact, I would think it might even be slower than an actual web host.

Remember, Dropbox is not meant to be used as a web host. An actual web host running Apache, IIS or some other software meant for web hosting is the better solution.

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Mariedb
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there! 

Would you be able to send through a screenshot of the way Dropbox is loading for you. It appears correctly for me. Could you also try clearing your browser cache? 

Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing back from you to troubleshoot further 🙂

Rachel C.11
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I have tried clearing all the browser's Cache to no avail. We are experiencing this on all three Macs here.. my home laptop loads dropbox fine?

Attached is a screenshot of what is happening.

Thanks ></p>

Brian C.35
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm encountering an almost identical issue to the one posted above. Dropbox (app) is functioning properly, but when I attempt to access the website, it stalls out (showing only 'Connecting' for quite a while before loading something like the above screenshot.

This happens across all browsers (Safari, Chrome, Firefox), not fixed by cache emptying, I've checked firewalls, checked for blocked ports, set my machine to DMZ in case, still encountering the same issue.

I'll be reaching out to my internet provider (Time Warner) as well, as I just learned a friend in my apartment complex is having the same issue, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to write here as well to see if there's something to try on Dropbox's side. Thanks so much!

Carl B.9
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I've having this same issue on Firefox 46.0 but things work fine in Chrome.

Did we ever find a solution? I've cleared the cache and all cookies but the problem is unresolved. 

Would greatly appreciate it if someone from Dropbox could help me fix this. Can provide screenshot if necessary, but it looks just like the one above.

The page throws the following error: 

(function () {

var event_id = docum...

Robert Christia
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm having the same problem. Is anyone from dropbox working on this? Mine has been going on for months

linda a.16
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I've seen that if the enterprise firewall used have URL filtering you need to make sure that the cfl.dropboxstatic.com is allowed. Otherwise the page will look like the screenshot above.

Dracorem
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

When using Telstra Broadband Protect (Australian Telco web filtering) adding www.dropbox.com and cfl.dropboxstatic.com to the Broadband Protect allowed sites list fixed this problem for me.  (Make sure you click on the save button at the bottom of the screen after adding sites to the list).  Thank you linda a.16 for solving this one.

@linda a.16 wrote:

nikhilcartoon
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Rachel C.11, sir I am facing the same error on my website, sir. Did you find any solution for this sir? please reply me if you.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @nikhilcartoon - sorry to hear you're having this issue.

Have you tried switching browsers, clearing your browser's cache or even an incognito window (for Chrome) or Private browsing window ( for Mozilla Firefox and Safari) ? 

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there if needed. Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

John_14_6 New member | Level 2
    nikhilcartoon Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?