cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to make sure we keep you updated on the ideas that other users have shared here on the Community? Us too! Check them out over here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Reply and help

Re: Dropbox appears to be full, but I can't see which files are bringing it over quota

Dropbox appears to be full, but I can't see which files are bringing it over quota

Varun Nair
New member | Level 2

The files I have saved in dropbox will not sync as it says "You’re out of space! Upgrade now for 2 TB (2,000 GB) or more of space and powerful productivity features." On checking the total space in my dropbox via my desktop I see that it is only occupying 1.53 GB out of the 2 GB available to me. I do not have any shared files as such which occupy so much space. I do not understand why my dropbox is full and why it is not syncing. I deleted many folders from my dropbox and still, it won't sync. Eventually, I deleted all the folders from my dropbox and copy pasted those folders which I needed to sync (which were already synced before).  Now, these folders too won't get synced as dropbox still gives the above error. Could someone please help me with what I should do to fix this error? 

"

3 Replies 3

Re: Dropbox appears to be full, but I can't see which files are bringing it over quota

Mark
Super User II

What does www.dropbox.com/account/plan show in regards space and quota? Using the desktop to check isnt accurate as things may not be local to it. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Varun Nair
New member | Level 2

I have a basic plan of 2 GB of cloud space, it says my personal dropbox account is full and that I have files up to 2.1 GB out of 2. I don't know how it is occupying this much space. Apart from the files from my desktop, I do not know which files are being backed up here and I also don't know where to find them.

Hannah
Dropboxer

Hey @Varun Nair, thanks for reaching out!

I'd suggest you take a look at the steps in this article, which will help you see the size of files on the Dropbox site and calculate the size of folders, so you'll know which ones are the culprit.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Need more support?