cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox says full but I have deleted everything, uninstalled app, etc.

Dropbox says full but I have deleted everything, uninstalled app, etc.

hoho1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I upgraded briefly from the free 2GB but felt $12/mth was too steep and Smugmug better for photos so I discontinued. Then I deleted all the files in Dropbox, including those in the Deleted Files folder. I got myself removed from shared folders. I deleted the dropbox cache. I even uninstalled the app on my PC. But I still get the message that Dropbox is full and I can't upload photos off my iphone to it. (I used to upload photos in batches to dropbox, deleting them from Dropbox as soon as they were backed up on my PC hard drive.) Please help! I am about to stop using dropbox forever.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hoho1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yes. I deleted everything--though I had missed one folder within a folder that had a lot. After deleting that, the next day I finally stopped seeing the Dropbox is full message. So all is well for the moment. Thanks for replying.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @hoho1 

Can I just confirm that you have nothing at all at www.dropbox.com/home ? 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @hoho1, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Do you have any Dropbox Backups currently stored on the site?

Could you attach a screenshot showing what you see on this page?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

hoho1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yes. I deleted everything--though I had missed one folder within a folder that had a lot. After deleting that, the next day I finally stopped seeing the Dropbox is full message. So all is well for the moment. Thanks for replying.

Loy1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

hoho1, I have same problem as you. After deleting much, it still says my dropbox is full. I get into Delete box and find the deleted items all there. And I can't find any button to clear all the Delete box items. 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@Loy1 - deleted items dont use up quota so its not worth deleting them. 

Are you seeing anything at www.dropbox.com/home ?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Loy1 New member | Level 2
    hoho1 New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?