cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you know more about files sizes, you can make more informed decisions about which files you upload and then you can maximize the space in your Dropbox Basic account?

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing dropbox paper on mobile not working via the site

Editing dropbox paper on mobile not working via the site

Leth
Explorer | Level 3

I love that you can just log into a Dropbox directly from you mobile and edit a paper. No app, no nothing. But it does not work anymore. I can still do it from a laptop or an iPad but it does not work from iPhone of Android. Latest software of course. Tried. Safari, Firefox and Crome browsers. Anyone know why ?
Leth

13 Replies 13

Re: Editing dropbox paper on mobile not working via the site

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @Leth, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Are you trying to edit the Paper docs when using the mobile version of the Dropbox site, or the desktop version in the browser itself, as some browsers have a feature to switch to desktop mode?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

Leth
Explorer | Level 3
I am unsure. I am accessing by just writing Dropbox.com in the address field. I have tried again all 3 browsers. I do not find anywhere to change, between the to. I have done this many times but about 2 weeks ago it started saying that I was not logged in when opening a paper and therefore it could not be edited. I get the paper in read only but when I close it I am still logged in to my account. I hope you have an idea.

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @Leth, sorry to jump in here, but could you clarify if this happens with a specific Paper doc of yours or all of your Paper docs?

Also, have you tried clearing your browser's cache at all since you first noticed this?

If you did and still get the same error, please send us a screenshot so that we can have a visual too. 

Thanks!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Leth
Explorer | Level 3

Dear @Walter Thanks for stepping in. I have just cleared the cache and all browser data. Also just updated to the latest IOS 15.6 I than logged in to dropbox and created a new paper filer. Tried to edit it and got the error again see screen shots.

I hope the issue is understandable. I have tried the same using different browsers and it does not work.

You are not connected.png

Jay
Dropboxer

For clarification purposes, could you let us know why you're using this method to create and edit Paper docs instead of using the official Dropbox Paper app?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Leth
Explorer | Level 3
I am. Just the login from the webpage. No apps. It used to work but not anymore.

Leth
Explorer | Level 3
Dear Jay and Walter
The chat got cold. Are you trying to find a solution or have you given up. I can assure you, I am not using Dropbox for anything illegal. But imagine you are talking to someone somewhere in the world were it can be dangerous if your phone is searched by the authorities and you have not computer. A login from a phone to a web browser is a safe way to communicate to the outside world.
I hope that you can help.

Hannah
Dropboxer

Sorry for the delay here, @Leth.

Would you mind confirming that you're actually logged in to your Dropbox account there on the page?

And also, if you tap on "aA" on the URL bar and then on "Request desktop website", does it work?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Leth
Explorer | Level 3
@Hannah
Yes I am logges into ny Account, is there a Dropbox way to confirm then I do now know. I have tried the aA as you suggested. And I can get a desktop version the looks different. But it is even more locked, so it does not work either. I am sure the it is a Dropbox code so that only the app works on a phone. It works fine on an iPad running same IOS and on a laptop.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Leth Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropboxer
    Nancy Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?