cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn about updates that we've made to the Search experience on the Android and iOS apps?Well, you can learn from Luke on the Mobile App team right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Comments

Error message saying my dropbox is full when I only have one folder that my company shares with me.

Error message saying my dropbox is full when I only have one folder that my company shares with me.

Seaglassmedia
New member | Level 2

I have Basic Dropbox and was getting messages since downgrading that my dropbox was full and I need to upgrade.  I just deleted everything except one folder that my company pays for extra space and shares with me from their Dropbox. Why do I need to upgrade to use a shared folder that my company pays for?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Error message saying my dropbox is full when I only have one folder that my company shares wi...

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hello there @Seaglassmedia, thanks for reaching out to us here!

If you have editing rights, then the shared folder will take space in your account too. You can check out more info about this here.

Do you need to be able to edit the content of the folder, or just upload files to and view this folder?

Let me know!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Issues Uploading to a Shared Account

Seaglassmedia
New member | Level 2

I am a member but not the owner of a Shared account.  I have always been able to upload photos to this shared account, but since Downgrading my own account to the Free vs a premium, I get the message, "You can’t upload files because you’re out of space. Before you can upload to Dropbox, you need to get more space."  The folder I'm trying to share to is a premium paid account, again, not mine, so it doesn't make sense that I can't share to someone else's folder because my free account is out of space...  Is there a solution?

Re: Error message saying my dropbox is full when I only have one folder that my company shares wi...

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hello there @Seaglassmedia, thanks for reaching out to us here!

If you have editing rights, then the shared folder will take space in your account too. You can check out more info about this here.

Do you need to be able to edit the content of the folder, or just upload files to and view this folder?

Let me know!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Seaglassmedia
New member | Level 2

Thank you for your response and no, I don't need  to do any editing once I upload my files. The company does the rest.

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @Seaglassmedia, thanks for getting back to us. 

In that case, you can ask them to send you a:

• File request, so that you can upload files to their account. 
  • Shared link to the folder, which will allow you to view the contents without them taking up space to your account. 

I hope this helps!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    Seaglassmedia New member | Level 2
    Daphne Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?