cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files lost when installing another account

Files lost when installing another account

Tetley227
New member | Level 2

The company I work for used Dropbox to store files for multiple users. they decided to stop using it. I kept the folder on my computer as all the files were stored locally. However, I also have a personal Dropbox account and decided to use that on the same laptop, I installed the Dropbox app and it has removed all of the previous files from the other account. Is there any way to recover them as I still use them?

2 Replies 2

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Tetley227, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Are you able to locate any missing files from the deleted files page?

Do you see and recent events as well?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Tetley227
New member | Level 2

Hi Jay, thanks for replying. It turns out it was me not looking thoroughly enough.

In file explorer, in the lefthand pane, Dropbox puts its folder there underneath Quick access. it put the folder for the new account there and demoted my other one to it's original place under C Drive/users.....

In the past when I've had 2 Dropbox accounts on a computer it has always had 2 Dropbox folders underneath Quick access but I'm assuming because one account has been deactivated now, it demoted it. The desktop shortcut remained as well as a new shortcut being created, but clicking either of them took me to the new folder.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Tetley227 New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?