cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you new to Dropbox? Our Newcomers group is the perfect place to learn the basics, find out more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete a dropbox backup of my mac?

How do I delete a dropbox backup of my mac?

CMHD
Explorer | Level 3

I have paused the backup of my Mac, which I didn't ask dropbox to do, now I want to delete the backup, how do I do that? I just says it has been disabled.

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II

@CMHD wrote:

I have paused the backup of my Mac, which I didn't ask dropbox to do, now I want to delete the backup, how do I do that?

Note that Dropbox can't enable the backup option on its own. Either you went into Preferences and enabled it, or you clicked through the prompts during installation and opted in. It can't just enable itself.

CMHD
Explorer | Level 3
Thank you, I have now sorted the problem.

recless
Explorer | Level 3

I did not order that Dropbox do my backups, but now it is.  I just want to stop Dropbox from doing my backups but not lose my files.  How do I do that?

Rich
Super User II

@recless wrote:

I did not order that Dropbox do my backups, but now it is.  I just want to stop Dropbox from doing my backups but not lose my files.  How do I do that?

Note that Dropbox can't enable the backup option on its own. Either you went into Preferences and enabled it, or you clicked through the prompts during installation and opted in. It can't just enable itself.

recless
Explorer | Level 3

My apologies, I should have stated "I unintentionally enrolled".  Thanks for your help.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

recless Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
    CMHD Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?