I also have a question about this. I'd like to back up my whole computer, but I have some concerns. I don't want to lose my files!
1. If I have programs like Scrivner and iMovie that I use, can I store those files on dropbox but still access them to work on them?
2. If I remove them off my computer and store them in DropBox, are they safe?
3. If I'd like to have access to files or images or videos off line, do I need to return them to my desktop?
4. If I use iCloud with my photos, will this interfere with DropBox uploads of my images?
5. My desktop app is uploading and syncing photos from my phone (and laptop) but it appears that it's simply moving them to my computer, filling up my hard drive. Is there something I did wrong with this? They're on DropBox and my computer for some reason?
6. When I open up the browser and access my files that way, my photos seem to be loading really slowly. Is there a way I can speed it up so it's easier to access them?
7. Finally, if I delete an image from iPhoto, does it also delete from DropBox?