cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I organized our folder, but the changes aren't showing up for others accessing it

I organized our folder, but the changes aren't showing up for others accessing it

bdle22
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi, I'd like to ask; I organized our folder in dropbox, why is it that it doesn't reflect on someone who has also access with it? Thanks

25 Replies 25

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Did those moves happen within the same parent folder? Or to completely different shared folders?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

bdle22
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

they are all different folders, then I added, deleted and moved some of the folders.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the additional in here.

Can you please check the shared folders on your end, to make sure all the people that need to have access to them, do?

To check that, click on the "share" button next to each folder and click on the "who can access" option, to confirm the members appear like they're supposed to.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

bdle22
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

The members are all added from my end. But it doesn't appear to them how it appears on me. I organized the folders, so there is much moving, but it did not appear on the members' end the way I organized it. I also added new folders and remove some, but why the removed folder, still appears on them? Is it possible that I can edit the way I want it to be, but it wont reflect on their end, since I am not the owner of the folder? The access was shared to me as an editor.

Jackson
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello @bdle22, sorry for jumping in.

While you can rename and move a shared folder in your account, it is not moved or renamed for the other members of the shared folder.

Also when you delete a shared folder from your account, it is not deleted for the other members. The only way to remove it for everyone, is to unshare the folder, if you are the owner.

Hope that helps.

Jackson
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

bdle22
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi @Jackson,

Thank you so much. This helps! :)) 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

bdle22 Explorer | Level 4
    Jackson Dropbox Staff
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?