cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input vs output - no matter the media type

Input vs output - no matter the media type

rv65
Explorer | Level 3

Someone missed the 'KISS' mythology (Keep It Simple Sxxxxx)! ...Deleting and editing are two basic functions that should be very visible and accessible not matter where or what the action that needs to be done ...with one click to select one item at a time, or all.

When organizing, same applies to any group of files, folders, photos/data ... anything! Simply select one way to organize (as you have clearly done...in a very limited sense) or use a 'drag and drop' feature to move any picture, data file etc. within any slide presentation, album etc to wherever you would like it.

Dropbox is another 'over the top' app using way too many actions that make the process and results mind numbing. Less is more ....the power of lean.

2 Replies 2

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @rv65, thanks for messaging the Community.

Could you clarify that you find the current steps to delete files, which is to first select the file and then click the delete button at the top, too many steps to do so?

Regarding the slides, are you referring to PowerPoint slides, or moving files into another folder?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

rv65
Explorer | Level 3

Jay,

You ask; Could you clarify;  that you(me or I)  find the current steps ...1) I did not say "I find the current steps"    I stated what should be..."(Deleting and editing are two basic functions that should be very visible and accessible not matter where or what the action that needs to be done ...with one click to select one item at a time, or all". You seemed to have completely missed the point.

Regarding your second question. I am using your app drop down words  "Presentation"  ...this has two choices AND both apply to my comments.

Again, I'm stating what should be...When organizing, same applies (Simplify this) to any group of files, folders, photos/data ... anything!

for example; Simply select one way to organize (as you have clearly done...in a very limited sense) or use a 'drag and drop' feature to move any picture, data file etc. within any slide presentation, album etc (moving files around (within that folder) to wherever you would like it.

I suggest that perhaps taking time reading the community customer concerns, issues one at a time in these areas may also provide some light for you. I did and found that it is NOT possible to move slides around any way a person may want nor anything else (photos, albums or containing data, photos) and so on.  Seems this general approach is at a macro level (sort by date or by naming convention etc) is not want users are asking for so the result for viewing any orderly event is very limiting.

Have I missed the point of what Dropbox is supposed to do?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

rv65 Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?