cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Keep the comments in previous file versions

Keep the comments in previous file versions

Selle Sellink
Helpful | Level 5

When I upload a new version I want to be able to keep the comments which were already present in the previous version. Some of the comments have been resolved but most haven't How do I do that? I'm working on an animation film so duration won't vary much anymore. When working in editing I think drag and dropping comments would be a great addition. 

Hope to hear from you.

7 Replies 7

Rich
Super User II

@Selle Sellink wrote:

When I upload a new version I want to be able to keep the comments which were already present in the previous version.

Comments are specific to the version of the file they were made on. They will not carry over to a new version of the file.

Smout
Explorer | Level 4
I'm working with audio only and it would be very useful to see old comments against a new version's timeline. Would make it easier to check if glitches at certain points in timeline were removed, an inaudible lyric was now audible, an excessively loud cymbal had been corrected etc.

Selle Sellink
Helpful | Level 5
Hi Smout,

I would recommend using “Frame.io” basically a working platform for what dropbox replay is trying to achieve. Also, comments can be copy pasted. Such a basic function should be a no brainer. Good luck 👍🏼

FibiiMedia
Helpful | Level 6

Being able to see unresolved comments on the next version is primordial to any approval workflow!

I too would love to see this feature - presently you can export the comments, but there is no easy way to re-import them to the next version....

@Emma would it be possible to integrate a COPY then and PASTE feature?

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @FibiiMedia!

What I’d recommend is to post an idea about this, so that it can be voted by any user who needs this. 

This way, our team can also monitor your idea and see if it could be applied in the future.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

FibiiMedia
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks Nancy - as a member of the support/moderation team, I would love it if you could take care of transferring this thread to an "Idea" for the DropBox team.

Thanks!

T

Saptapadi Films
New member | Level 2

Oh I would love to vote for an updated version of Replay where you can have at least the option to see old comments.

Need more support?