cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local and online files have been deleted

Local and online files have been deleted

AndyGli
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I ended my dropbox business subscriptiona nd now all files that were local and online have been deleted, even from my local PC (all files were local and online).

I cannot seem to get in contact with dropbox support, there is no way to contact them when you are no longer subscribed.

how do i get in contact with support.  They should not be deleteing files locally on my PC.

any help is appreciated.  very frustrated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AndyGli
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi, thanks for your reply.

They are not online.  It seems the person who took over the account (who was an account member) chose the delete files from other peoples computers option.  he has given me access again to him dropbox so i am in the process of reconstructing files from there.

It seems ridiculous that this is even an option for dropbox to be able to do, allow deleteing of files that were on my computer to start with.  I can understand why its there but there should be a lockout with the ability to unlock rather than simply deletion of files from a PC.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @AndyGli, thanks for reaching out to us today.

Downgrading your account, wouldn't cause your files to get deleted.

Have you looked into your account online, to see if you can find your files there?

Do they seem deleted?

Let me know and we'll go from there.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

AndyGli
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi, thanks for your reply.

They are not online.  It seems the person who took over the account (who was an account member) chose the delete files from other peoples computers option.  he has given me access again to him dropbox so i am in the process of reconstructing files from there.

It seems ridiculous that this is even an option for dropbox to be able to do, allow deleteing of files that were on my computer to start with.  I can understand why its there but there should be a lockout with the ability to unlock rather than simply deletion of files from a PC.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

AndyGli Helpful | Level 6
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?