cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Our new Dropbox updates make your online life easier. See how you can store online-only files, edit photos in Dropbox and annotate PDFs with these updates.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my files which made by sketchup

Lost my files which made by sketchup

amatea
New member | Level 2

Today I find out that there are several files lost when I was going to use them.

I am not sure if it's because of my hard drive or dropbox. They should be in the list of delete history if I deleted them accidentally, but they are not. There are no any latest or history version of the files.

The lost files were all made by the same application called sketchup. I was keep using them for 2 months untill I finished my job at 28 last month. I don't know why only the files made by the same applicaiton disappeared. 

It makes me worried that if I should keep using dropbox with some unknown risks.

If anyone knows anything please let me know ,thank you!

1 Reply 1

Re: Lost my files which made by sketchup

Megan
Dropboxer

Hey @amatea, I'm sorry to hear about that! 

When was the last time you checked on our website for the files? Are you sure they have been successfully synced to Dropbox? 

If I were you, I'd check my events page. The Events page at www.dropbox.com/events gives you an overview of all activity in your account including files events (adds/edits/deletes), as well as adding or removing folders. 

Also, how do you connect Sketchup with Dropbox? 

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?