cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We’ve covered lots of big life moments in our ‘How we use Dropbox’ series - and now we even have some tips on how you can use Dropbox to keep the planning of a wedding as easy and as painless as possible over here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost photos - can I restore them somehow?

Lost photos - can I restore them somehow?

ES23
New member | Level 2

Dropbox deleted a whole lot of old photos from my overseas holidays.  I kept getting messages that my Dropbox was full but I assumed that it will not accept any more photo or files.  What happened Dropbox kept on deleting my old files and uploading my new ones.  I did not notice this until I tried to find a file.  I am really annoyed because once the Dropbox was full it should not accepted any new photos and kept the old ones still there.  I was also not notified that this is what happens.  As a result I've lost so many memories.  I don't think this is the right thing to do.  Not everyone knows how this works.

Is there any way I can get those photos back?

2 Replies 2

Re: Lost photos

Rich
Super User II

@ES23 wrote:

Dropbox deleted a whole lot of old photos from my overseas holidays.

Dropbox doesn't delete your files, even if you're over your storage limit. At most, syncing will stop and you won't be able to add or edit any files, but they're never deleted for running out of space. If you have files that were deleted, something else has caused it.

Is there any way I can get those photos back?

Any files that you're able to recover will be listed on your Deleted Files page.

Re: Lost photos

ES23
New member | Level 2
Thank you.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ES23 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?