cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Dropbox More Dynamic for Users and Organization

Make Dropbox More Dynamic for Users and Organization

chicsystems
Helpful | Level 5

Okay, there are a couple of things I noticed while trying to really maximize Dropbox and make it easy to use for our organization. Our organization uploads lots of content from our marketing influencers and choose Dropbox as our storage system and also ... explore automations.

1. Clicking the info icon for files doesn't display the tags. It'd be much easier if the info would also include the tags added for these files.

2. When you apply a tag to a folder, I hope that it also applies that tag to its nested folders, files included.

3. There is no way to view easy access of files within a specific folder. You'd have to go through "Photos" section and see all the files sorted by date. Is there a way to be in the search tab, search a folder name, click that, and see all the files sorted by date in that specific folder? and be able to set filters by tag, if I want to so it's more dynamic?

Any thoughts on this and if this is part of the roadmap? 

2 Replies 2

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @chicsystems, thanks for taking the time to write about this.

We really appreciate your feedback here.

I will make sure to pass your comments along to our team, in hopes of evolving the features.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

chicsystems
Helpful | Level 5

Well, the highest priority for us really is to push the automations as easy as possible and the tagging system. I'd like to add a couple of things.

1. The ability to manage my tags. (Edit, Sort, Nest, Categorize, and automated)

- Best case scenario is, if files are uploaded in this folder, label all files with (tag 1, tag 2, tag 3 and etc)

2. The ability to click a parent folder and display files sorted by date.

- This is very similar when you click the "Photos", it shows you all files regardless of what folder it was uploaded to. But with #2, it would be a filtered version of "Photos" displaying files from the parent folder. (I also hope it can work on child folders)

3. The ability to automate the creation of automated folders.

- In integromat/make, or Zapier (we are heavy on make), we'd like to be able to create automated folders via automation.

I understand that these were all heavy but I think the native features you should have are #1 and #2. It'd be great if you can link me to the existing requests for this feature to see a timeline or really, if it could be done within the next updates, it'd be very awesome!!!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

chicsystems Helpful | Level 5
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?