cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map deleted

Map deleted

Jannita
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Dropbox Community, 

I want set back our map 'Podcast' to our Dropbox, but can't find it anymore by the deleted items. I think because I changed the name of the map where it was standing.

The map was standing under Go and Tell (2023)4| MarCom. And I think then under Content or Social media > Podcast. We deleted the map 24 January. 

Hope to here from you, it is very imported for us....

Greetings,

Jannita

8 Replies 8

Mark
Super User II

If you can restore it via https://help.dropbox.com/delete-restore/recover-deleted-files-folders 🙂

As long as it was deleted within the last 30 days

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jannita
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for your respons, but we can't see the files and map. None of all the deleted maps. We think it is because we changed the name of the map where it was put in. It's very urgent to find the files back. Can you help us to find?

Jannita
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Mark,

We really are in urgent need for a solution. Dropbox has promised us that we can always find our deleted items back, but it isn't. Hope to hear soon from you to help us back our urgent documents....

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Jannita, was this a shared folder or a subfolder of a shared folder?

And do you see any events related to that folder in your events page?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Jannita
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Hannah,

Thank you very much for your respons. It helps us to search in events. We're busy to find it. For now, thank you. Hopefully it works!

Graham
Community Manager

Hi @Jannita,

I hope you are well today. I can see that you were having difficulties locating a deleted file. I just wanted to follow up to see if you had managed to find it after the last bit of advice my colleague Hannah gave you. If it's still missing please just let us know and we'll do what we can to help again.

Thanks, and have a great day!

Graham

Jannita
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Graham,

Thanks again for your message. We've tried to find the map 'Podcast' with a lot of audio files. In the meantime we tried to work without it, but it doesn't work. Is there anything you can do for us? Hope we can find a solution!

Have a nice day,

Jannita

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Jannita, sorry to jump in, but I was wondering; did you have any luck using the events page to restore your missing files (or folder)? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    Jannita Explorer | Level 3
    Graham Community Manager
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?