cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Files - but some parts of the missing files are still in my account

Missing Files - but some parts of the missing files are still in my account

bororo77
New member | Level 2

I was given a free 100GB Dropbox account along with my Acer Laptop purchase. I activated it last year and used it to upload a chunk of my files before I synced my computer to my Dropbox account. Everything was going well until my free acount expired so I decided to check today to avail a new subscription, unfortunately most of the files I uploaded are missing, but it's so weird because some folders that used to be part of that file group are still in my account. I hope you can help me. Thank you so much!

1 Reply 1

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for posting on our Community, @bororo77

Were all the files that you’re missing shared with other users? Is there any chance that they deleted them at some point? 

In general, even if your Dropbox account gets downgraded at some point or you lose your extra storage, after your promotion expired, you wouldn’t lose any of your Dropbox files, so I’d like us to check this further.

Let me know when you have more updates.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?