cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Missing files 2020 till 2022

Missing files 2020 till 2022

Markembrogno
Explorer | Level 3

shortly after I was told I needed more space, all my files were gone. not a new device not a new account upgrade, when I go to load up file I am notify that that location doesnt exist any longer..please help...thank you

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II

What does www.dropbox.com/events show?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Markembrogno
Explorer | Level 3

It claims I removed some of the files, which I never did. Moreover, these files are not the ones that are missing....Did dropbox delete my files without notifying me?  

Mark
Super User II

If it says you did it then a device which you are signed in to did it - Dropbox cannot do it on its own. It also does not delete data without telling people. Something on one of those devices has moved the data outside of Dropbox I'm afraid. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Markembrogno
Explorer | Level 3

Never moved them and never deleted them, I only have ever used one device for DB. Seems that drobox can lose data. 

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Markembrogno, happy Monday! 

You mentioned that your account informed you that you were running out of space. Can I ask how you uploaded these files to Dropbox in the first place?

Did you use the app, or the website? Also, when was the last time you saw these files online? 

Keep me posted! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?