cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile App keeps closing and I lose my editing progress.

Mobile App keeps closing and I lose my editing progress.

AffableDisaster
Explorer | Level 3

Hi. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy A53. I primarily use Dropbox for writing and easily switching from computer to my phone if I'm on the go. I use to use an A50 and never had any problems, but when I upgraded to the A53, I noticed that there were times when I'd have my text document open but I needed to switch windows, such as jumping over to the web browser to look something up, when I'd go back to Dropbox the txt document would have closed and if I hadn't thought to save beforehand I'd lose everything I had just worked on. It doesn't do this all the time, but sometimes all it takes is a second. All it takes is for me to accidentally touch the home screen button. I used to do this all the time on my A50, because I often needed to look things up, and it never closed the document. Is there some setting that's different? Aside from pressing the save button every few seconds, is there something I can do to prevent losing all my work?

3 Replies 3

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey there, @AffableDisaster, I'd be more than happy to look into this with you! 

You mentioned that you're now using a Galaxy A53 when trying to edit your files using the Dropbox app. 

Can you clarify the version of your OS on the device, along with the Dropbox version that you have installed there? Do you notice this behavior on all of your documents too?

Keep me posted!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

AffableDisaster
Explorer | Level 3
Android version 13
Dropbox version 318.2.2

I haven't noticed this with any document other than the .txt documents, but then I haven't had a reason to switch back and forth between windows with those. Thank you in advance for any insight you might have.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @AffableDisaster, can you check if you're indeed seeing this behavior with other file types as well? Like, Office files for example.

Thanks in advance!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    AffableDisaster Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?