cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help restoring old files

Need help restoring old files

Saeed19
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Hi Support Team,

Kindly be informed that i deleted some files since 2 years, and i want to help me to recover them please.

Best Regards,
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Saeed19 wrote:
Kindly be informed that i deleted some files since 2 years, and i want to help me to recover them please.

Unfortunately, that won't be possible. Recovery times are 30 days or 180 days, depending on your account level. It's not possible to recover files from two years ago.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Saeed19 wrote:

Unfortunately, that won't be possible. Recovery times are 30 days or 180 days, depending on your account level. It's not possible to recover files from two years ago.

Saeed19
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
No issue if need a some subscription i will do it but please i need this filse.. if i deleted a some file where will be go this file i mean you don’t have a cloud or something like that to save a data.. thanks for your help and support

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Saeed19 wrote:
No issue if need a some subscription i will do it but please i need this filse.. if i deleted a some file where will be go this file i mean you don’t have a cloud or something like that to save a data..

There is no subscription that will help in this case. It's simply that too much time has passed. Dropbox doesn't keep your deleted files forever. Once they're deleted permanently, they're gone for good.

There is simply no way to recover files that were deleted two years ago.

sabrin2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, i got the notification of being restored but still have the same file,

though my cache is cleaned and i tried on another browser PLEASE HELPP

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @sabrin2, can you give us some more info on your issue?

Did you restore some deleted files, but they still do not appear in your account, even though your notifications say they're restored?

If so, do the files still show up in your deleted files page?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Annaholmeslibbis
New member | Level 2
So after 180 days it's absolutely impossible to recover old files even worh data recovery software?

Rich
Super User II

@Annaholmeslibbis wrote:
So after 180 days it's absolutely impossible to recover old files even worh data recovery software?

Correct. If it's beyond the recovery period for your account, it's no longer possible to recover a deleted file.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Annaholmeslibbis New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    sabrin2 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?