cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We're looking to hear about your experience when using Dropbox in a web browser. What parts of Dropbox feels very slow to you and takes a lot of time to get done? What are you trying to do in the Dropbox web browser when you experience slowness? Tell us right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Reply and help

Notebook App Restore Files

Notebook App Restore Files

JoeNY
New member | Level 2

My cell phone died which had notebook app. I purchased a new phone and when I installed the notebook app and tried to RESTORE to repopulate my files they were not there. I hope a recovery is possible since this has all happened within the past few weeks.

9 Replies 9

Re: I accidentally deleted my files in dropbox permanently.

Mark
Super User II

Hi @JoeNY 

All your files should be visible at www.dropbox.com/home. If there are some missing www.dropbox.com/events will give clues as to what has happened. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

JoeNY
New member | Level 2
The event Page only gives the last couple of hours. Is it possible to get the backups of a month ago replaced?

Mark
Super User II

If events only shows the last couple of hours then that is all of the events that exist on this account within the past 6 months (at least). 

My guess is that you actually have set up a new account by accident and that is why you cannot see the files - check your email from messages from Dropbox to see what email you used initially. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

JoeNY
New member | Level 2
The only event shown is those made today when setting up my new phone. My question is, is there a way of recovering files that were in Dropbox under the app notebook a week ago?

JoeNY
New member | Level 2
Is there any way account could be recovered from a week ago. I had quite extensive library of notebooks. This will be a major loss of data.

Rich
Super User II

@JoeNY wrote:
The only event shown is those made today when setting up my new phone. My question is, is there a way of recovering files that were in Dropbox under the app notebook a week ago?

You likely created a new Dropbox account when you set up your new phone. Just sign out of the Dropbox app and then sign back in with your previous account. It would be under a different email address.

JoeNY
New member | Level 2
I am signed in on the correct email account. The backup file is just not there now. IS there anybody who is able to repopulate my current account with the content that was there a few days ago?

JoeNY
New member | Level 2
The apps file is the only one that needs to be recovered.

Rich
Super User II

@JoeNY wrote:
I am signed in on the correct email account. The backup file is just not there now. IS there anybody who is able to repopulate my current account with the content that was there a few days ago?

If your Events page isn't showing any activity for the file, then it was never in the account that you're signed in to, so there is nothing to recover. I seriously believe you're signed in to the wrong account.

If the file was there then there would be activity for it listed on the Events page. Files can't just disappear from an account. It simply does not happen. Either the file was deleted and an event was logged, or the file was never in the account.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    JoeNY New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?