cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Permanently delete' not working on some files, that were created by me in a shared folder

'Permanently delete' not working on some files, that were created by me in a shared folder

peter43
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello,

i have created some files on my dropbox shared folder, what i want to permamently delete, but getting error:

Ask the owner to help permanently delete this

Folder sharing shows:  Who can access: 1 member  (its only my email). Some other Folder shows: Who can access: Only youScreenshot 2022-07-13 at 10.48.24.pngScreenshot 2022-07-13 at 10.50.04.png

Have any idea?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
@peter43  wrote:

Folder sharing shows:  Who can access: 1 member  (its only my email). Some other Folder shows: Who can access: Only you

A shared folder showing one member means one member AND you; not just you. A shared folder with you as the only member (and folders that aren't shared) will show Only You.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
@peter43  wrote:

Folder sharing shows:  Who can access: 1 member  (its only my email). Some other Folder shows: Who can access: Only you

A shared folder showing one member means one member AND you; not just you. A shared folder with you as the only member (and folders that aren't shared) will show Only You.

peter43
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

In this case, i think this shared folder created by my old email, what no longer exists, so I don't even have access to it.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

peter43 Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?