cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to make sure we keep you updated on the ideas that other users have shared here on the Community? Us too! Check them out over here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Reply and help

Remove dropbox from PC

Remove dropbox from PC

Julia Karpitskaya
Explorer | Level 3

Я установила dropbox на компьютер и запустила синхронизацию. Но места в dropbox меньше, чем объём моих файлов.
Я не вижу теперь часть своих файлов в проводнике.

Я хочу всё отменить, не делать синхронизацию и удалить dropbox. Как сделать всё это аккуратно, чтобы не потерять свои данные?

-----------------

I installed dropbox on my computer and started syncing. But the space in dropbox is less than the size of my files.
I can't see some of my files in explorer now.

I want to cancel everything, don't sync, and delete dropbox. How to do all this carefully so as not to lose your data?

11 Replies 11

Re: Remove dropbox from PC

Nancy
Dropboxer

Привет @Юлия Карпицкая, надеюсь, у тебя все хорошо.

В качестве первого шага вы можете уточнить, каков статус синхронизации вашего настольного приложения? Вы можете найти это, наведя курсор на маленький значок Dropbox в нижней части вашего устройства, рядом с настройками часов.

Кроме того, при установке приложения Dropbox вы случайно не включили резервное копирование компьютера?

Дайте мне знать, и мы возьмем его оттуда.

------------------

Hi @Julia Karpitskaya, I hope you’re doing well. 

As a first step, can you clarify what’s the syncing status of your desktop app? You can locate this by hovering over the small Dropbox icon at the bottom of your device, close to your clock settings. 

Besides that, when installing the Dropbox app, did you by any chance enable computer backup

Let me know and we’ll take it from there.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Julia Karpitskaya
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you Nancy!

Yes, I probably enabled computer backup. And went out of free space. So backup was stopped.

I have already removed dropbox application from my computer and restored all my data.

But I cannot remove now backup files from my account as it requires again the application on my PC.

Is it possible to remove backup without installing the application again?

If I need the application how should I remove the backup without removing data from my PC?

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @Julia Karpitskaya, to completely disable computer backup, you'd need to re-install the app, disable it, and then uninstall the Dropbox desktop application.

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Julia Karpitskaya
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, Jay! Thank you/

I do want remove my data from my account, not to disable backup.

I do not want to install the app again, as it will start backup automatically and will ruin my data on PC. 

Megan
Dropboxer

Hi @Julia Karpitskaya!

I'm afraid the only way for you to do this properly and get your content back, would be for you to disable backup. 

You can always manually download the content from the website, if you wish.

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Julia Karpitskaya
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, Megan! Thank you!

I do not need my content BACK. I need it to be REMOVED from my account. 

I already restored all my data on my PC and do not want to install application again.

I do not want backup anymore. But I want free space in my account and for this I need to remove my backup. But none answered me how to do this.

I see the only solution - to remove my account at all and create new one. This is a weird solution, but I do not see other way now.

Nancy
Dropboxer

Hey again, @Julia Karpitskaya!

First of all, I’d like you to make sure that all of your computer files are indeed saved on your local device and out of Dropbox.

Besides that, if you go here, are you seeing any option to delete the backup files that were previously uploaded to your Dropbox account?

If you prefer, you can also send me a screenshot of the options you see on your web account.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Julia Karpitskaya
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, Nancy!

I followed the link that you sent:

dropbox0.png

Than I clicked "Новое расположение".

dropbox.png

There I clicked on three points and chose "Delete" (step1), after that I received this message. If I choose 2 I am required to install app. If I choose 3 I receive next page:

dropbox2.png

Then I go to settings and no device connected to my account

dropbox3.png

What I do wrong?

Jay
Dropboxer

Could you provide exact translations for those images in order to understand why you're unable to delete the backup from the site?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    Julia Karpitskaya Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?