cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove shared folders from my drive only

Remove shared folders from my drive only

JulieBode
New member | Level 2

I am in a shared folder that is using up all my drive space.  I am finished working on that freelance project for now, but I don't want to accidentally delete files for other people.  How do I leave a folder that is currently shared with me?  I'm not the owner, but I have full editing access.

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@JulieBode wrote:

I am in a shared folder that is using up all my drive space. ... How do I leave a folder that is currently shared with me?

To be clear, do you want to remove the folder from your local drive while leaving in your Dropbox account (no longer taking up drive space, but still staking up space in your account), or do you want to remove the folder from your account (and drive) so it no longer takes up space in either?

To remove it from your local drive only, use Selective Sync and uncheck the folder. It will be removed from your local drive and you'll gain that space back in a couple of days (when the cache is cleared). To remove the folder from your account entirely, you can can leave the share folder.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?