cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Save each batch of requested uploads in their own folder

Save each batch of requested uploads in their own folder

stanmalinovski
Explorer | Level 4

Hello,

I am using the "Request files" Dropbox feature so that diffetent users can upload source files to my Dropbox. Since all the files end up in one folder, it is becoming really disorganized and full with different assets. Is there a way to store each batch of requested uploads in their own folder or should I create an idea ticket to see if other people are interested in that? 

4 Replies 4

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @stanmalinovski, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Currently, there isn't a method of doing as you ask. Do you mean that all individual uploads would have their own folders? Wouldn't that create too many folders, thus creating more of an issue to locate each file?

There are the automation settings, though I'm not sure they would be helpful in this case.

Any other info or examples would be helpful!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Rich
Super User II

@stanmalinovski wrote:

I am using the "Request files" Dropbox feature ... Is there a way to store each batch of requested uploads in their own folder ...

Create a separate File Request for each folder.

stanmalinovski
Explorer | Level 4

Hi @Jay ,

In my case, It will be more organized if they are stored in different folders since I want to reuse the same link and this link to be available for different people at the same time. For example if User_1 uploads: file1, file2, file3  and  User_2 uploads: file4, file5, file6 in my folder I get 6 different files, each batch of files will be used for different purpose in my dropbox, they are not used for the same project. I am currently using the naming convention to understand who uploaded what and move the files manually to the folder I need but it will be easier to set that up automatically. For example if User_1 uploads 3 files at once, all those files to go in a subfolder with the user name. 

Not sure if I was clear enough 🙂

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the details. While it isn't possible to have new folders created for each user in a file request, since it's possible to give yourself any name when uploading, you can suggest this idea for our team to consider for the future!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?