Dropbox version: v93.4.273
OS: Mojave 10.14.6
I have to (1) Selective Sync folders from Dropbox app Sync settings because (2) the app says "Smart Sync is experiencing an issue. To open online-only files and folders, right click and choose Smart Sync and then Local." and (3) then the contextual right-click in local the DB folder IS GONE. Driving me crazy.
1. I unlinked/deinstalled entirely (incl. cache, preferences and helper), rebooted and reinstalled/linked a clean DB version with selective sync and fresh DB folder right from the start: no result, it seems to work BUT NO, the minute I right click contextual menu the green mark stays green and I can't go ahead with syycing/unsyncing a folder local <> online, and then it stops working totally (no more contextual menu, the right-click option goes away again forever)
2. I have no firewall. Full disk access granted to DB in Mojave Security > Privacy settings as well.
3. As per support advice I ran, consecutively:
sudo chown "$USER" "$HOME"
sudo chown -R "$USER" ~/Dropbox
sudo chmod -R u+rw ~/Dropbox
sudo mv ~/.dropbox ~/.Trash/dropbox.old
To reset the permissions I suppose but didn't solve the issue.
4. My permissions seem alright as I made sure they are "Read & Write" at every level and sub-level of my user/DB folders.
5. Terminal command: "sudo keytload -b com . getdropbox . dropbox . kext" doesn't work with me though. It gives the following outcome:
com . getdropbox . dropbox . kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) authentication failure (file ownership/permissions); check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil
Please can a developer look into this as I don't know what to do.