cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to delete my account - but dare I?

Trying to delete my account - but dare I?

JochenK1
New member | Level 2

Hi,

my problem:

-years ago a fellow teacher opened a DropBox account and invited all Maths and Physics teachers to join. [We used this for a particular purpose for a few weeks, then never again.]

-Privately I use the German Boxcryptor service - via Android.

-Boxcryptor sold itself to DropBox.

-My "daily driver" phone (from which I had made  daily encrypted backups of my most important files to Boxcryptor) quit working on Sunday.

-I unearthed an older phone - without the Bc app - and installed Boxcryptor from the Play Store.

-Result: I read about the sale for the first time - and was asked to select Dropbox.

-I did so - and once DropBox accepted me, I was shown the two old directories - but NOTHING from Boxcryptor.

-The only idea from the Boxcryptor support was "maybe somehow [by using the same email address] you acquired TWO Dropbox accounts and can only access the wrong one".

QUESTIONS:

-Is this possible?

-In any case: if I delete the old account (can I even do this?), can this mean that the Boxcryptor files (which I can't access) will be deleted as well?

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@JochenK1 wrote:

-Is this possible?

If you mean, is it possible to have two different account under one email address, then no, that's not possible. Each account requires a unique address.

if I delete the old account (can I even do this?), can this mean that the Boxcryptor files (which I can't access) will be deleted as well?

When you delete your account, any files store in the account are deleted along with it.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?