cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Under a business account, can someone see my personal trash folder?

Under a business account, can someone see my personal trash folder?

professionalatinx
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I am under a business account but have my own personal Dropbox folder under that business account, along with the shared business folder. 

If I delete items from my personal dropbox folder (again under this business account) can other people see my deleted files? Here is the basic set up... I have my own (non shared folder) with the other business folder I can access. But are the trash folders separate for each folder? Can they see my trash?

professionalatinx_0-1672415666183.png

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

Hi @professionalatinx 

Are you logging on to one account (ie. using one email) for both the folders? 

If so yes they probably can see the trash for that folder, but, also quite possibly the folder and its contents itself. Depending upon what Business plan the company have its possible to see and access all users files in all accounts - basically identical to how it would be if you were in a workplace and using a network drive. 

You would be better off setting up a second Dropbox account and linking the two accounts via https://help.dropbox.com/account-access/link-unlink-two-accounts so that both appear on your devices, but, are totally and utterly separate. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

professionalatinx
New member | Level 2

Yes, I am logging into one account for both the folders. 

In fact when I became a part of their business account, I received a refund for what I paid (and didn't use) of my own dropbox account.

This is the plan they have

professionalatinx_0-1672417545485.png

Mark
Super User II

I dont think that includes capability to log on to the account, however, you are seriously putting your files at risk by having personal ones on there - what happens if they decide to delete you? Or change email and log in on your behalf? 

I'd move the personal stuff off quickly to a new account. Or make sure you only have stuff on there you can life without

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    professionalatinx New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?