cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why did all of my files disappear?

Why did all of my files disappear?

Mark H.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

A folder that is owned by me and shared with two others is now empty. What happened to all of my image files? How do I get them back?

104 Replies 104

Richard L.65
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same problem. it is very scary. Al the files that disappeared showed in the folder as deleted. But I know I would not have done so and I am the only one linked to them on different machines.

Jiaqing W.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same here!!!!!!!!

I lost 2000 documents and i didn't realize it until i try to use one...

Thank god, i restore them from "events" ....it show all these files were deleted at the same time so it can't be done manually!

all folders left but document disappear!

Richard L.65
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I think I figured it out. I lost all the files when I reconnected to an computer that was sharing the data and that had been disconnected for several weeks.  It was then that teh system assumed that the new files had been deleted from the old computer system and deleted them from everywhere else. The good news is that they are all under deleted files (I am not sure for how long, though)

Kathy S.17
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

We lost one file. It was uploaded at 8:31 on Friday May 23rd, 2015, and then shows that it was altered on May 23rd, 2015 at 10:22 AM. This was my daughter's iPhone backup. One of her friends had died, and we would desperately like to regain those photos. Please help.

KKN I.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I use dropbox to store a lot of files for more than a year. A few months ago, I cannot open my files. All folders and files still exist, but thay cannot be opened. There is a message in the form of picture in my folders. Here it is:

></p>
<p>It contains instructions to recover my files, but I'm not sure to follow those instructions.</p>
<p>Is there any way to get my files back? Should I follow those instructions? Thank you.</p>

Robert D.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I wouldn't follow the instructions as I think this is a scam.  I would send this info to Dropbox directly and ask for them to help.

ANN R.10
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I can't find/access any of the photos and videos that my family uploaded to my dropbox since December 2015.  What could be the problem??

栗原と
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

So...we have same problem more than a year, and it's still not solved.

I lost folders and files too, which came back 3 days later.

I doubt somebody might moved the folders accidentally, but Event log never shows me such actions...

The folder had gone by itself and came back by itself, and dropbox never gave me any solutions, but talking about the time lag caused by slow internet, which I first thought but could never happen in my case.  So frustrating...

Muhammad Umar N
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

First time i face this problem in Jan 2015 when I notice one file missing. I use Dropbox alot. I use dropbox alot and was making extra notes in files and saving there and yesterday when I was checking some files that I saved sometime during June 2016 till Sept 2016, I noticed all folders but some files in them were missing. Later when I investigated further, and checked all my other files in Dropbox, I see many things missing.

I have find no way to restore the data as I have free account and I can restore only files that were deleted 30 days ago.

I see one of other person saying that Dropbox doesnt delete files and I dont understand how other processes or hard disk can delete files.

This is very annoying. I have start moving out my data from my Dropbox now

Melissa T.11
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have been trying to set up my dropbox account.  I upgraded to the pro because I needed more room.  Now the files are no longer on my desktop or on the dropbox site except for the file names.  I realize I am not very tech but I thought this was supposed to be easy.  How can I recover my files?

Need more support?