cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did all of my files disappear?

Why did all of my files disappear?

Mark H.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

A folder that is owned by me and shared with two others is now empty. What happened to all of my image files? How do I get them back?

104 Replies 104

Gianni Marie H.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Woowww just got the same problem that I deleted 50200 files and to restore them I have to buy a ADD On app. I did this and know Dropbox is telling me the files are to much to restore.

Very desapointed at this moment in Drop Box

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

wahooooh! If its saying you need an add on app that is NOT Dropbox!! Dropbox offers free restores within 30 days via the website - note, no app needed. 

Sounds like you have a virus on your machine. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Gianni Marie H.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution
It on my account subscription see below: Subscription
2 TB
$19.99/month
$19.99 monthly
$199.00 yearlySave 17%
Change to 1TB plan Available add-ons

• Extended Version History ($3.99/mo)
    One-year file version history

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

That isnt an app. That is an add on. 

That means that from when its added (i.e. now if you bought it) everything deleted will be recoverable for 1 year from deletion. Note, however, it is NOT retroactive. So your 50,200 files would NOT be available with this. But, should be if they were deleted within 30 days via standard recovery. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Gianni Marie H.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

hhmmm many thx. for your explanation. I try to restore via the normal 30 days be the ADD on kept popping up. So I bought it and in deed I can't restore anything. The why all this deletion is what I do not understand. I certanly didnot delete any file. 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You may not, however, SOMEBODY or SOMETHING on your machine has. 

USB / external drive? Network share? Shared Folders? 

https://help.dropbox.com/security/missing-reappearing-corrupted-files

Gianni Marie H.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

It says deleted 3 hours ago and when I try the restore button I get the following:

Too many files. Please use the desktop application.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Log a ticket with support

www.dropbox.com/support

Replies may take a few days, but, can be tracked at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

karen N.6
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The ticket support does not help.  They keep sending the same generic email and nothing gets accomplished.  I really don't understand how "all my files are missing" is not understood by thier.support team.  All my family photos are gone for the past 10 years.   I purchased Dropbox when I had trouble with.a computer and wanted to keep my files in a "safe" place.  The laughs on me:(

Jovie M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Just recently my files are gone missing and I've tried retrieving them from the deleted files however I've also noticed that some photos have been uploaded to the Camera Uploads file, I am suspecting that that person's personal Dropbox is somehow syncing to mine everytime they sync to a computer because I share the files to a group of people, I was able to identify the photos last time and contacted them however this time are photos of school books and references so it's harder to identify who owns the file.

Has anyone experienced the same?

Thanks

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    trjr New member | Level 2
    Donald J.2 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    William R.4 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?