cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can drop box delete photos after uploaded?

can drop box delete photos after uploaded?

Jenna W.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I always take loads of pics and run out of space on my phone, it would be amazing if drop box would upload to account then delete from my phone? is there an option for this as I can't find one?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mariedb
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there! 

If you have the Dropbox app installed on your mobile device, you can open up the app and go to the "Photos" tab. There, you will see the decreasing number of photos being uploaded as they are syncing on your account. 

Once all your photos are uploaded or once a photo appears in the "Photos" tab, you can delete it from your mobile device. We do not delete the photos on your mobile device for data security purposes. 

Many thanks for the feedback though, I'll make sure I pass it along 🙂 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Ed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there,

Sorry the the late response - are you still having issues?

Thanks

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Mike B.74
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

How to know when dropbox has uploaded photos, so can delete synced files from source device?

I have the same issue. Is auto-delete after uploaded possible?

Technically i'd prefer to get a progress report of what camera upload has so far synced (as i only allow it to on wifi) so i can delete files myself. Currently i have to turn on my pc to find what has reached it so far.

Best of all options would to have a little green tick on the corner of photos and videos that have been uploaded. i guess this would only be possible if dropbox took over from my 'gallery app'. i wouldn't necessarily be averse to this but carousel doesn't seem to do all that my current S4 gallery app does. Am I wrong?

Any and all recommendations much appreciated.

Cheers,

Mike

Mariedb
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there! 

If you have the Dropbox app installed on your mobile device, you can open up the app and go to the "Photos" tab. There, you will see the decreasing number of photos being uploaded as they are syncing on your account. 

Once all your photos are uploaded or once a photo appears in the "Photos" tab, you can delete it from your mobile device. We do not delete the photos on your mobile device for data security purposes. 

Many thanks for the feedback though, I'll make sure I pass it along 🙂 

Fernando A.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi,

I have 2000 pictures that I can't delete from dropbox.

I've uploaded them, move them on my computer to another folder (not in dropbox), and they still appear on my device.

How can I remove them?

JesperA
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
You did in Carousel Mariedb 🙂 then why not in the native app?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

It was documented that it would come Jesper but sadly never did 😞

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    JesperA New member | Level 2
    Fernando A.1 New member | Level 1
    Mariedb Dropbox Staff
    Mike B.74 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?