Thanks for the quick reply, Walter.
I don't think I created a new account. When I logged into Dropbox from the iPhone app,
I saw my folder "Camera Uploads". Years ago, I enabled sharing it with another user (my spouse)
so they could access my uploaded photos, and I confirmed that the folder was shared correctly.
My backup process works like this:
* I take new photos on my iPhone, they are added to my phone's Camera roll.
* I run the Dropbox app on my iPhone. It copies these new photos (but none of the old ones) to Camera Uploads.
* My spouse opens the shared Camera Uploads folder on their machine.
* We move all the new photos to another location (a large capacity USB drive, our non-Dropbox backup).
This removes them from the shared Camera Uploads.
* This empties out Camera Uploads, which remains empty until I take some more photos and repeat the above.
This has been working for me very well for years. It works because Dropbox
usually remembers which photos on my roll have been backed up, and only copies the new ones.
This time, Dropbox has forgotten the history. It says "backing up" thousands of photos, going back several years.
Is there any way to restore Dropbox's memory? Or to start with the current month?