cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file ordering without using the Group options??

file ordering without using the Group options??

patrickbbb
Explorer | Level 3

I'm trying to order files in a folder in the order I want, not the order the Groups ordering options allow.  Example: I have a folder called POEMS, which contains three individual poems.  One poem is called Oranges, another Apples, and the third Pears.  I want the files in that order.  But later I might want to change the order to Apples on top, Pears in the middle, and Oranges at the bottom.  Is there any way to do this, so the order of the individual files can be dragged around in the order I want?

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@patrickbbb wrote:

Is there any way to do this, so the order of the individual files can be dragged around in the order I want?

No. You would need to order them alphabetically and then rename the files so they appear in the order you want them in.

patrickbbb
Explorer | Level 3

OK, many thanks.  I figured it was worth asking, though!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

patrickbbb Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?