cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: filepath on osx with Dropbox build 159.4.5870

filepath on osx with Dropbox build 159.4.5870

panthroman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My Dropbox app just upgraded to build 159.4.5870 on OSX, which moved my Dropbox folder to a "secure location" on my drive.

I have many scripts that locate files in ~/username/Dropbox/..., but that no longer works.

1. Where has my Dropbox folder moved to? What filepath works now?

2. Can I move the folder back to ~/username/Dropbox? That is my strong preference.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

neonomad
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The filepath is now ~/Library/CloudStorage/Dropbox.

Moving it does not seem possible. Dragging it to another location produces a copy, leaving the original folder at ~/Library/CloudStorage/Dropbox. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

neonomad
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The filepath is now ~/Library/CloudStorage/Dropbox.

Moving it does not seem possible. Dragging it to another location produces a copy, leaving the original folder at ~/Library/CloudStorage/Dropbox. 

panthroman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

1. Thanks!

2. What a bummer that the folder can't be moved. I assume the copy won't sync. Total bummer.

3. The filepath works, but I can't view CloudStorage in Finder even when showing hidden files. Is there a way to view CloudStorage/Dropbox in Finder?

neonomad
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

1. Thanks to you too.

2. You are correct. The copy is just another folder with no connection to Dropbox.

3. Yes, the Dropbox folder can be accessed. If your ~/Library is hidden, select the Go menu in the Finder. Hold down option and your user Library will appear. You should then see CloudStorage within the Library folder, and Dropbox within CloudStorage.

panthroman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

You're a magician. Worked!

Need more support?