cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to upload non duplicates to dropbox

how to upload non duplicates to dropbox

angeliquedenee
New member | Level 2

I uploaded files to dropbox and there were server errors for some of the files. Does dropbox have an option to upload and skip duplicate files? I tried uploading everything again and it just tried uploading everything. i dont need everything uploaded again just the files that werent able to upload. 

6 Replies 6

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi @angeliquedenee - happy Monday and welcome to our Community!

I'm sorry to let you know that there's no such option within our website at this time. You'll need to check which files haven't been uploaded from the location you were originally uploading from and manually upload the ones that didn't make it in the first place.

Alternatively, for future reference, note that you can use the desktop app and copy or move the mentioned files (or folder) inside your Dropbox folder and let it sync until it shows 'Up to date'. 

I hope this information helps and I'm always a post away if you have any follow up questions Angelique! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Debelvoir
New member | Level 2

This is really disappointing - when working with large folders and lots of larger files - to have to sync with a local machine is not an option. Manually picking through Dopbox's server errors and picking out files that wouldn't upload the first time round - unworkable. How can picking up duplicates not be a feature? I'm going to have to move elsewhere.

philgreenc
Explorer | Level 4

I agree, this feature needs to be added!  I used to be able to drag and drop 5000 photos into a folder with, for example, 2500 of those photos and simply click "skip all" duplicates within Apple's finder.  For some reason this is no longer possible...and worse, not possible on the web platform or the desktop app!

Bob F.
New member | Level 2

Worse yet Dropbox does not save sync issues so I can go back and choose the ones that did not upload. If you do not catch it immediately after import and close the upload window you are screwed. 

kwillis
New member | Level 2

Is there somewhere we can request a feature for this? It's been two years and as everything re-opens, collaboration and dropbox will be key to teams. It's extremely disappointing and sad that this hasn't been implemented yet. 

Rich
Super User II

@kwillis wrote:

Is there somewhere we can request a feature for this?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    kwillis New member | Level 2
    Bob F. New member | Level 2
    philgreenc Explorer | Level 4
    Debelvoir New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?