cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost files

lost files

Sophie Iselin
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I am desperatly writing you this message today as it's now been more than a year that all my files are gone, on my computer as well as on my dropbox account. All the folders are there, but they're all empty. I never ever deleted anything. I tried to check my second account and nothing. I checked the "event" section in my dropbox account and nothing either. Nothing in the deleted section. I paid for a year to have 2 To of storage and it suddenly stopped, I didn't get any preventing message about it from dropbox. Please tell me there is a way for me to get the files back. Is it due to the fact that the payments stopped? Do you think that if I buy the storage back, the files will come back ? 

Thank you very much for your help 

1 Reply 1

Mark
Super User II

Hi @Sophie Iselin 

Unfortunately if you havent paid or logged in in over a year Dropbox deletes accounts for inactivity - they send lots of emails to say this. 

Have you checked you are in right account?

If there is nothing on Events and no record of deletions etc. its definitely not possible to recover anything. Paying now wont do anything as recovery window only lasts from day of purchase (i.e. it would be 30 days for files up to point you pay).

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?