cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

non-editing of Word docs on ipad

non-editing of Word docs on ipad

wilczech83
Helpful | Level 6

with ipad 3 and latest ios updates, Dropbox not allowing editing of Word docs. Inanely asks to reinstall Dropbox but links don't show how.

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II

@wilczech83 wrote:

with ipad 3 and latest ios updates ...

The latest version of iOS that will run on a 3rd generation iPad is iOS 9.3.5 (9.3.6 for cellular models). Dropbox requires iOS 13.1 or later. If you uninstall the Dropbox app that you have installed now, you won't be able to reinstall it again.

wilczech83
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately, my ipad 3 Air works just fine generally with the latest updates so I don't think ipad or ios versions gets at the problem.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @wilczech83, can you please send us a screenshot of the prompt you're seeing that's asking you to reinstall Dropbox?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Rich
Super User II

@wilczech83 wrote:

Unfortunately, my ipad 3 Air works just fine ...

Ok, if it's a 3rd gen iPad Air then you should be able to uninstall and reinstall the Dropbox app. The 3rd gen iPad Air will support the latest iPadOS version. Previously you said iPad 3, which is a much older model and no longer supported by Apple.

Assuming that it really is a 3rd gen iPad Air (released in 2019), I'd suggest removing the Dropbox app from your iPad and then reinstalling it from the App Store. Tap and hold on the Dropbox icon and you'll see an option to remove the app. I'd remove it, reboot the iPad, then reinstall it.

wilczech83
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks. I'll  try it.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

wilczech83 Helpful | Level 6
    Rich Super User II
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?