cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't locate my old files

Can't locate my old files

Pollo646
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello, the last time I used Dropbox was in 2019 and now in 2023 I have downloaded Dropbox again but the 2019 files do not appear, how can I recover them?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Pollo646 wrote:
Hello, the last time I used Dropbox was in 2019 and now in 2023 I have downloaded Dropbox again but the 2019 files do not appear, how can I recover them?

You can't. Files can only be recovered if they were deleted within the last 30 days. Additionally, if your account is idle for more than a year it's deleted due to inactivity. You've likely signed in to a new, empty account.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Pollo646 wrote:

You can't. Files can only be recovered if they were deleted within the last 30 days. Additionally, if your account is idle for more than a year it's deleted due to inactivity. You've likely signed in to a new, empty account.

WilliamLawton
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Ok, thanks for the info.

Spoiler
Thanks for the answer. I also want to know whether I can recover old files or not and I am glad I found my answer over there. While searching for it online, I also found https://studyclerk.com/essay-maker website where I found someone who will make a essay for me and help me submitting my essay assignments on time.

stefanheisl
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks. 

Micaela Canero
New member | Level 2

Why were old files deleted if the owner didn't delete them?

Mark
Super User II

@Micaela Canero wrote:

Why were old files deleted if the owner didn't delete them?

As has been said if they are over 12 months and if you've not logged in they are removed due to inactivity. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Micaela Canero New member | Level 2
    stefanheisl Explorer | Level 3
    WilliamLawton Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?