Beta Build 14.3.15

SOLVED
19 Comments
19 Kudos
Highlighted
Dropboxer
October

Beta Build 14.3.15

Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Dropboxer
October

Re: Beta Build 14.3.15

Hi everyone. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We’ve released a fix on version 14.3.16 that removes the notification. Normal Dropbox behavior such as file syncing isn’t affected. The new version is available here.

19 Replies
Czo
Level 2
October

It's showing me the "Smart Sync is experiencing an issue" popup, and changed the dropbox icon on the menubar to a grayed out icon with an X badge. How to disable this feature and get back the normal black icon?

Level 2
October

Same here.  running windows 8.1  64bit and it happened this morning.  it is syncing which is weird.  just have the red "X".  Yellow Yeild sign error says  "Smart Sync is experiencing an issu.  To Access your files, first select "Save Local Copy" from the right-click menu.    Learn More

Level 2
October

Eric G.34 wrote:

Same here.  running windows 8.1  64bit and it happened this morning.  it is syncing which is weird.  just have the red "X".  Yellow Yeild sign error says  "Smart Sync is experiencing an issu.  To Access your files, first select "Save Local Copy" from the right-click menu.    Learn More

Same thing here. When I followed the "Learn More" link I got a Dropbox 404 page (*/help/9282).

So where is the "Learn More" info, and why when I enter "Smart Sync" into the Help Center search field nothing with that name is found?

The status page says there are "no problems today", so we're all having 'local'/system issues?

Answers to these questions would be really appreciated! - In the mean time I'll stop & restart Dropbox and/or my PC, and a few other things.

And if anyone discovers anything useful please share!

- Thanks

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, Dropbox 14.3.15 (w/Boxcryptor), Dropbox on iOS (10.0.2).

October

Same here with Windows 10 v1607.
Level 2
October

Same here with Windows 7.

Level 4
October

Same problem here.
It shows an error message on the taskbar pop-up menu saying "Smart Sync is experiencing an issue [..]" and the dropbox icon is a grayed out icon with an X badge.

Seems to be syncing but the "error message" is not going away no matter what I do

So far, on my Win 7 x64 machine, I have:
- Unlinked the dropbox and re-linked it again
- Uninstalled completely the dropbox program and re-installed it

My laptop, running Win 10 x64, doesn't seem to have this problem
Level 5
October

Having the same issue since yesterday on a Windows 7 Pro 64-bit machine. No resolutions found yet.
Level 2
October

same issue here
JAQ
Level 4
October

In response to a support ticket about this, Dropbox replied:

"I apologize for the inconvenience, but it looks like this problem is unrelated to Dropbox. In this case we are unable to provide support, and I’d recommend contacting the customer support organization of the product in question for a solution (Smart Sync)."

Two major problems with this response:
1) The error message is coming from Dropbox, showing up in the app's notification panel.
2) I don't use Smart Sync (never heard of it until now).

Maybe Dropbox needs to do a code audit to see how this error message (with an invalid link for more info) referring to someone else's product got into their software. That's sloppy at best, and shady at worst.