Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta Build 16.3.24

5 Comments
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dropboxer

Beta Build 16.3.24

Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

5 Replies
Level 2

Re: Beta Build 16.3.24

I'm having an issue with this latest build. Since installing, I've seen an occasional, abrupt spike in CPU usage accompanied by the laptop fans going full speed and hardware temps soaring to 200 degrees+. Dropbox app popdown shows it is "indexing." The system stays in that state for a good 5-10 minutes. I've let it run for approx. 10 minutes or so two days in a row when it occurs, then I quit Dropbox so my system doesn't fry. This happened two nights in a row, late in the evening. It's happening again right now. I'm using MacOS Sierra 10.12.2 Beta (16C53a).

Dropbox Menu Bar item popdown flickers rapidly back and forth between "indexing" and "up to date." I wasn't able to capture this in a screenshot; I only got the "up to date" status.* Also have screenshots of Activity Monitor showing 118% of CPU and excessive Energy use.

I've been using Dropbox for years and have never seen this behavior from the app. I did put a request in to support, but I'm no longer on the paid tier, so don't know if that will get any timely response.

*Tried to post links to the screen captures, which I have in my Dropbox Public Folder. This form keeps flagging the links as "invalid HTML." Hmmm. . ..

Level 2

Dropbox_Bear wrote:

I'm having an issue with this latest build. Since installing, I've seen an occasional, abrupt spike in CPU usage accompanied by the laptop fans going full speed and hardware temps soaring to 200 degrees+. Dropbox app popdown shows it is "indexing." The system stays in that state for a good 5-10 minutes. I've let it run for approx. 10 minutes or so two days in a row when it occurs, then I quit Dropbox so my system doesn't fry. This happened two nights in a row, late in the evening. It's happening again right now. I'm using MacOS Sierra 10.12.2 Beta (16C53a).

Dropbox Menu Bar item popdown flickers rapidly back and forth between "indexing" and "up to date." I wasn't able to capture this in a screenshot; I only got the "up to date" status.* Also have screenshots of Activity Monitor showing 118% of CPU and excessive Energy use.

I've been using Dropbox for years and have never seen this behavior from the app. I did put a request in to support, but I'm no longer on the paid tier, so don't know if that will get any timely response.

*Tried to post links to the screen captures, which I have in my Dropbox Public Folder. This form keeps flagging the links as "invalid HTML." Hmmm. . ..

I'm on a Windows box and had issues with Dropbox being stuck on "Indexing". Build .23 was supposed to fix that so maybe you will find that build more stable.

I am a paid business user and it took a week before they started working on my support ticket, so don't expect a speedy response to your issue on your free account.

Level 5

The problems that I and another user reported here:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop-client-builds/Beta-Build-15-3-18/m-p/194006#M3476

would appear to have been resolved. grinning face

Level 3

Linux problem:
App suddenly closing: "Segmentation fault (core dumped)", that begun in 15.3.20, still present in this build, with the same factors; occurs when uploading/syncing.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop-client-builds/Beta-Build-15-3-20/m-p/195537/highlight/true#M...

Level 3

This build is doing fine on my iMac 27"2015, running MacOs 10.12.1.