Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta Build 16.3.27

3 Comments
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dropboxer

Beta Build 16.3.27

Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

3 Replies
Level 4

Re: Beta Build 16.3.27

Camera uploads is not working with this beta build. I tried it every which way I could think of (turn Dropbox off and on, reinstall this build, restart the Mac, plug in the iPhone unlocked, etc.) without success.

Then I trashed the Dropbox app and installed the stable build and, sure enough, it imported the latest photos from my iPhone just like before.

I’m on a MacPro5,1 running Sierra 10.12.2 Beta (16C63a). I did not turn off “Include me on early releases” so it’s just a matter of time when it will be updated to the latest beta. Then I will check again to see if the same thing happens.

Level 4

Okay, it took just a few minutes before auto-update happened so now I’m back on 16.3.27. I took another photo and connected it to the Mac. Still no go. There’s definitely a problem with this beta version with regards to Camera Uploads.

Level 4

Did anything change with this build w.r.t. file deletions and symlink handling on macOS? I've run into an issue where files are disappearing from my system (outside of my dropbox) where directories are symlinked from Dropbox into those system folders. I've been developing software in my Dropbox using this technique for some time but only today have I started encountering an issue.

First, let me say that I know what I'm doing (coding in Dropbox) is unsupported. Unfortunately, my only alternative seems to be not to use Dropbox, which seems a little extreme.

Is there any way for me to tell when Dropbox was last updated on my machine?

Unfortunately, the issue seems to only occur intermittently, so I can't replicate it directly, which will make it difficult to diagnose. If you have any information to shed light on the issue, please do share. If there's no clear indicator that a Dropbox update is implicated in this new undesirable behavior, then I'll roll back to a stable build and see if the issue persists.