Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta Build 18.3.26

12 Comments
5 Kudos
Highlighted
Dropboxer

Beta Build 18.3.26

Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

12 Replies
Super User

Betreff: Beta Build 18.3.26

MacOs 10.12.2 (16C67)
manual update
Finder contextmenuitems visible.
Green synched dots disappeared - but trick with disable/enable extension works.

no changes except version number visible!?!?!?!?!?!??!

If it proceeds with this speed we will soon reach version 100 - without (visible) changes.

Level 3

Since this update yesterday my Dropbox will not connect.  When I move the cursor over the icon in the taskbar it shows Connecting... 

But nothing is happening.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Checked firewalls.  Internet connection is fine.  Big problem has taken 3 hours of my day so far and I still can't update my files.

Super User II

Re: Beta Build 18.3.26

JessicaM wrote:
The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Now Jessica. We all know by now that this is a lie. 

Its been a year (yes, really) since you've promised 'you would look in to' saying what these mythical fixes or goodness me even improvements were and you've still not been able to give us one. 

Super User

something big is coming - my guess!!
and it must be really big as it needs so much under the hood changes we don´t see.
Super User

I´m not amused about this manor of leaving us in the dark but as lots of us are complaining and they visually not even move a finger to inform us I think we only can wait. It´s very sad but it´s obviously the only solution.
Level 3

Well ... there are other cloud storage providers so, if i cannot connect and update my files in the next 24 hours, I'll be saying goodbye to Dropbox.  This is basic stuff.  Can't waste more of my time with this.

Dropboxer

Hey meburgner,

Thanks for your report.  Does the stable build work for you?  

Cheers,

David

Level 2

This build did not solve my pictures or videos importing problems with Macbook Pro (OS X 10.12.2) and iPhone 5 (iOS 10.2) - desktop client just dies away and stop without error messages. Tried with stable version and this latest beta and deleted all old setting and tried also fixes to user rights etc. 

Super User II

Nice to see that the reply I posted saying updates and staff were ignoring us has been deleted - since when did Dropbox become THAT company that would censor what people were saying?

Note as well that it was a post another user marked as a solution so its obviously an issue.

Disappointed. Really disappointed guys.